If you are staying with us at The White Horse then you might find the following links to local attractions and other sites of interest of some use.
These links will open in a new window so you won't get taken away from our site.
- GoodwoodThe house and grounds of Goodwood is located just 8 miles from The White Horse offering a wealth of leisure attractions.There's the house itself, the historic racetrack and of course Goodwood Racecourse.
- Parham HouseThis is a beautiful Elizabethan house set in a deer park at Pulburough. It lies approximately 6 miles east of our location.
- Petworth HouseSituated just five miles away, this superb property houses The National Trust's largest art collection. It is also boasts gardens landscaped by Capability Brown.
- Arundel CastleThe seat of The Dukes of Norfolk set in 40 acres of sweeping grounds. Home to priceless works of art including paintings, sculptures and tepestries.
- MidhurstA beautiful market town. Home to 5000 people and situated on the River Rother.
- Chichester CathedralA wonderfully historic cathedral set in the nearby city of Chichester. The cathedral is currently celebrating 900 years of history.
- Bignor Roman VillaThe remains of a Roman home and farm discovered in 1811. Home to some beautifully preserved Roman mosaics as well as other items of historic interest.
- Weald and Downland Open Air MuseumA fascinating collection of historic buildings from the 13th to 19th century in 50 acres of countryside.
- South Downs WalkingWe've linked to a Google page for walking on the South Downs. There are plenty of great sites listed including www.ramblers.org which tells you about The South Downs National Trail.
- Fishbourne Roman VillaA very intersting Roman Palace discovered in 1960 with events taking place throughout the year.
- Nyetimber Vineyards35 acres of south facing slopes producing award winning sparkling wines.
- Sussex PubsA useful resource for pubs in the Sussex area.